Our work is guided by a mission to serve youth with absolute respect and unconditional love… to help kids who are suffering… and to protect and safeguard all children in need. In support of our mission, Covenant House is guided by five principles.
What we believe: Our five guiding principles
- Immediacy – Covenant House immediately meets the basic needs of youth experiencing homelessness through a nourishing meal, a shower, clean clothes, medical attention, and a safe place to sleep.
- Sanctuary – Covenant House provides a safe haven from the hardships of homelessness. We recognize the fundamental worth of every human being, and create a safe setting where all youth – regardless of life experience or identity – are served without judgement.
- Value communication – Covenant House leads by example to demonstrate that caring relationships are based on love, trust, respect, and honesty.
- Structure –Covenant House provides the stability and structure necessary to build a positive future.
- Choice – Covenant House fosters confidence; encouraging young people to believe in themselves and make informed choices for their lives.
Covenant House is committed to helping every young person who needs us 24/7, 365 days a year. Funding from caring people like you is the lifeline that makes these programs possible across the country. Learn how we utilize resources efficiently and meaningfully for our kids.