community foundation of greater flint
Since 1988, the Community Foundation of Greater Flint has been all about Flint and Genesee County’s future. As a 501(c)3 tax-exempt public charity created by and for the people of Genesee County, the Community Foundation of Greater Flint enables people with philanthropic interests to easily and effectively support the issues they care about – immediately or through their estate plan.
Established in 1988 through the merger of The Flint Public Trust, founded in 1950, and the Flint Area Health Foundation, created in 1978, the resulting Community Foundation combined the strengths of these two Flint institutions.
Since the merger, assets have grown from $10 million to more than $262 million. More than 19,000 donors have enabled the Community Foundation of Greater Flint to award more than $120 million in grants in Flint and Genesee County.
Our work would not be possible without the careful stewardship and administration of the more than 750 charitable funds and planned gifts entrusted to us, which now totals approximately $264 million.
Our dedicated board of trustees governs the organization and our professional staff provides personal service and local expertise to deliver the greatest impact for your charitable giving.